Monday, April 16, 2012

Easter Holiday + Life Update

Well, I haven't been too good at keeping this blog updated as was my New Year's Resolution, but I am still trying! I will NOT be a part of that 90% of people who fail on their New Years Resolution. So here is the update on all things Julianne:

  1. Volleyball--obviously I list this as #1 because being 20 years old and a Division II college athlete, volleyball is pretty much the most important thing I have going on in my life. We've had some big changes on the Belmont Abbey Volleyball team. First, our school is adding a men's volleyball program next year! That is very exciting news! Men's volleyball is becoming more and more popular and it is a blessing to be able to add that program to our athletic department. Second, we officially hired a full time assistant coach, Trey. He is AWESOME! He has a great attitude, works us extremely hard, but also jokes around with us, which is perfect for our team. We currently have 4 days (and counting!) left of our spring conditioning and I know I will be jumping for joy when that day comes! I didn't think it was possible to be in a constant state of being sore for three months straight, but Trey proved me wrong. I will thank him in the end, but currently my legs are throbbing while just laying in bed.
  2. I have solidified my plans for the summer. I will be spending my last summer before college graduation (ahhhhhhh!!) with my family and friends in Erie, PA. I got a job at the LP Golf Course, thanks to my friend Brittany, and I will be gaining some experience by interning with the Erie Seawolves. I am excited to spend my last summer without the stress of the real world with the people the mean the most to me! It will be very hard for me to be away from my Mom and Dad, but I know they'll be visiting there a lot and hopefully I will get some time to visit North Carolina too.
  3. Today I picked all of my classes for my SENIOR year of college....And I am still in shock! When everyone told me that the four years of college would be the fastest years of my life I smiled and nodded as any normal person would, but I never thought it would be true. I can honestly say that these three years have flashed by and have shaped my life in more ways than I could explain. I have made the best of friends, spent so much time with the best teammates, and have actually enjoyed learning about my future career! I cannot wait for my last year to get underway, but I suppose I should focus on finishing out these last two and a half weeks first! :)
That probably doesn't catch you up on my life completely, but it's close enough! Now to move on to more important things.
I was able to go to my parents house in Greenville, NC for the Easter holiday and we had a LOT of company. What is hardest about living ten hours away from the place you grew up is not having friends and family to spend the holidays with. Luckily, we have been very blessed and have had many visitors at our door for the holidays. It's great to live somewhere warm! Everyone wants to come visit you and get out of Dreary Erie for a few days. 

This year my cousins Abby and Sofia spent the week before Easter with my family. It was fun because they came to my college and spent a few days with me too! I love getting some quality girl-cousin time. My cousins are like my siblings to me. I am so thankful for coming from a close-knit family. Here's some pics we took while enjoying our time in good ol' Belmont, North Carolina.

I cannot wait to be living in Erie this summer and be able to spend so much time with my cousins!!

We were also happy to welcome my mom's best friend from grade school and her family, the Greggs. Betsy, Scott and their four kids came to our house the Saturday before Easter and spent that week with my parents. We finally made use of our big back yard and set up corn hole, had games of football, and games of volleyball. It was a beautiful weekend (a littleeee chilly with the wind, but the big, beautiful sun made up for it!). 

Going home for the weekend always gets me back into the right state of mind when I come back to school. It gets me out of the Belmont Bubble and puts some perspective back into my life about what really matters and what is just petty drama that will diminish by next week. While I am learning that some friendships stay strong for life and some friendships are meant to dwindle with time, I am so thankful for the friends and family I have been given and I would not trade any of them for the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me your thoughts!